It is constantly Content Harvey Working day whenever the Mets choose on Matt Harvey. Two commences, 14 operates provided up. The ex-Mets Dim Knight has done a whole lot additional falling than rising given that he left Queens. The Mets experienced one particular of their ideal offensive outings of the period on Wednesday, propelling them to a 30-24 record. They have officially hit the a person-third mark of the period and have a cozy lead atop the NL East. The coronary heart of the group is Superman, aka Kevin Pillar, who has played an vital role.
To speak about Pillar, Taijuan Walker, the acquire in Baltimore and the approaching homestand, we bring you a brand name new episode of the “Amazin’ But True” podcast with Nelson Figueroa and me. We are joined by previous Mets manager and Stamford, Conn., mayoral applicant Bobby Valentine for a fun interview.
Amazin’ But Real Podcast with Jake & Figgie:
- CRUSHING ORIOLES: Mets crush Matt Harvey for a next time. It was a six-homer parade. Billy McKinney proceeds to provide a improve. Taijuan Walker has been unbelievable this year. Kevin Pillar is the coronary heart and soul of this Mets workforce suitable now. What do the Mets do with David Peterson? What is absent completely wrong for him?
- ALONSO’S Comments: Pete Alonso has been tearing include off the ball. What kind of ball nevertheless? We react to Alonso’s comments on MLB modifying the balls based on the cost-free agency class. What is Spider Tack precisely? Figgie receives into different substances pitchers have utilized and have been seen making use of.
You Acquired Mail: Admirers contact into the show and leave email messages, which includes a listener laughing their butt off throughout Monday’s display and a Figgie fellow fantasy camper calling in.
Bobby Valentine Job interview:
Former Mets supervisor (1996-2002), functioning for Mayor of Stamford, Conn.
- MAYOR: Working for mayor of Stamford, why he’s undertaking it, what his prepare is.
- ROJAS: Luis Rojas obtaining approaches to get controlling a staff missing a bunch of players.
- MUSTACHE/Eyeglasses DISGUISE Activity: On the lookout back 22 many years in the past yesterday (June, 6, 1999), the place he place the mustache and eyeglasses on soon after obtaining ejected. Did he at any time try out that in the previous? Did anyone observe him?
Catch up on all episodes of “Amazin’ But Legitimate,” a New York Mets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or where ever you get your podcasts. Stick to Jake Brown on Twitter and Instagram @JakeBrownRadio and Nelson Figueroa @FiggieNY. New episodes are each individual Monday and Thursday.